My first amazing team-mate is…
The rules are as follows…
- Pass the tour on to up to four other bloggers. Give them the rules and a specific Monday to post.
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do:
- What am I working on at the moment?
- How does my work differ to others in my genre?
- Why do I write/create what I do?
- How does my writing/creative process work?
3. Compose a one-time post which is posted on a specific Monday (date given from your nominator)
My Answers for the 4 questions…
- At this moment I am working on final edits for my Historical Paranormal Romance Novel, “Defender of the Realms” It is the first of a trilogy. I have begun the following story and am also in the middle of writing an un-related Historical Romance novel. There is also a children series that is awaiting a finished draft. I also continue to enter a variety of fiction short-story writing contests.
- I love a good Historical Romance, but when reading I find I leave a lot of the story on the editing room floor, I skip over unnecessary words and sub-plots. That makes me different. When I am crafting my stories I remove that extra ‘FLUFF’ as I like to call it. (But, I do like fluff) The finished product is an equally compelling story in 70-80 thousand words instead of 100 thousand plus. I don’t want to lose my reader and a great story can be told in less and be equally enthralling.
- In essence I love life, I am a dreamer and a believer, thus I write. My blog is the polar opposite of my fictional writing. I find I do not understand, a lot of human negativities. Life can be made easier through our own personal choices. We individually choose how we are going to deal with what adversities we are faced and what situations we place ourselves in. We need to hold ourselves personally accountable for our actions and make ourselves available for those who find themselves in difficult circumstances.
- Structure, a given goal and finish date. I, like my personality, am a drifter. My attention span is broken. I have a tendency to flit back and forth between projects and not feel as productive. My girlfriend poetically calls it ‘Abstract Random.’ My day goes as follows, #1 Blog and give myself an hour, only, for social media. I then read, re-read, write, re-write whatever assignment I am working on. If I lose my creative vortex I switch to sending out queries and look for new writing contests to enter. If a new story-line takes over my roving mind I write enough of it down to pick up at a later date.
I have encountered much un-necessary negativity in this life, and I believe we can all help to alter that state of mind. In order for us to be productive and helpful in this society for growth as a nation, it needs to be called out, “Hey, You, get over yourself and offer your hand to the one you just knocked down.” Instead, there is a quiet acceptance of un-acceptable behaviors. There, unfortunately, will always be issues, tough times, but with the foundation of true light and support through positive structure, hand in hand, we can triumph. Even if, it is one smile at a time. Be empowered, Believe, Send Sunshine. I send you love, always.
Join A Momma’s View Monday, the 15th of December.
My 3rd stop will be Monday, the 22nd of December. I will update this information as we get closer.